Sunday, May 06, 2007

Day 4: This Funny Bone Ain't So Funny

My arm hurts.

Don't ask me "why," because I have no clue why it hurts. Or "when," since I don't remember ever hurting it. All I know is, last night when I was getting ready for bed, my elbow started hurting. Around where your "funny bone" is. Dull and achy pain, like when your fingers swell. That dull ache quickly turned into a sharp pain when I moved in certain ways. And later, the ache crept down my arm, affecting those muscles and the hand.

In case you didn't know, it's hard to be an effective Mom, when you're arm is all-but-useless.

And strangely enough, the arm in question is my left arm. NOT my dominant arm. So, how I hurt an arm I don't use as much is beyond me. And even stranger, is the fact that seemingly un-arm-related type movements are killer on a bum arm. Like, bending over, for example. I can attest to the fact that the muscles that run through your arm DO contract (for some unknown reason) when you're bending over. Even if you hold your arm slack. Yup, that elbow just feels like it has to be part of the action. I know this now.

Sooo, I'm trying to get done what I have to, even though it hurts. But just like I did with the toe, I asked my pastor to pray that it would get better quickly, and I trust that it will. I just have to be creative between now and then. So I can actually get something accomplished while Chris is at work tomorrow.

Good thing I like being creative!