Friday, May 11, 2007

Day 9: Mom And Dad

They drove over 1200 miles to come see us, and they arrived today.

My Mom and Dad are some of the best parents in the world. They raised me right, and taught me what I needed to know to make it on my own. And yet, even now, being a married woman for over 10 years, they still share, give, help and spoil me.

I hope, I pray, that when I'm the parent of grown children, I will be able to be as wonderful to my kids as my parents are to me (and my siblings). I know I will definately TRY, because they have led by example, and so I know HOW to make my grown children happy (even before they're grown), just from seeing how my Mom and Dad treat me---how that makes me feel.

"Special," "Loved," "Cared For"........ the rest can't quite be put into words.

They're just really awesome people :)

2 comments:

~*This Mama*~ said...

Awwww. Have a nice visit!

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

How blessed you are to have such wonderful parents!!!