Saturday, April 01, 2006

Feel Free To Learn At My Expense

I was expecting this....


But, instead got something closer to this......



I should've expected his recommendation to be a little off.

Like $300 dollars off!

He didn't even LOOK professional. All the red flags were flying, and stupid me didn't pay attention.

So, a very close family friend came over to give me a second opinion on my "really broken" dishwasher. He found the problem. The part cost $30.

He replaced it yesterday, and it works likes new.

I am so irritated with myself.

Cuz I paid that "kid" $65 bucks to lie to me.

Moral? Get someone you trust, Kell---you'll save yourself the stress......and money.

((Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh, I HATE learning the hard way!!!))

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Okay, I was so lost at first. I thought your little glitter-eater/couch climber broke the dishwasher. But you meant that the repair man looked like a kid? LOL. Got it!

Ugh..I hate having to get stuff fixed

Kelly said...

Yeah, he was dressed in blue jeans, t-shirt, ball cap, and sneakers. He was tall, but he wasn't professional at all. Just looked like a teenager in a truck--which, by the way, DIDN'T have any company logo on it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

JeniBeans said...

ah, we live and learn, don't we, kiddo?

See, just ONE of the benefits of NOT having a dishwasher!

...and probably the only one. HA.


...your STILL pregnant friend....


me.

Your Long Lost Friend Jeremy said...

Don't forget I work at a parts store and can hook you up with some killer deals on parts and can tell you who you should use for repair...

Heather said...

I feel your pain sister. But believe my dishpan hands, it was worth it, wasn't it? :)

Kelly said...

Jer--I repeat "stupid, stupid, stupid"

Heath--Yes, it sure was, and I do believe we will have a party to celebrate the day you get one!