Perhaps 3 horse flies?
Well, no matter what did it, something(s) got Noah GOOD. He came in the house last Thursday night holding the side of his face, trying not to cry too loud. But he was crying. Said he got bit by something, and that it scared him.
Once he let his face go, we could see that there was a spot where he got nabbed, across from his nose on his right cheek. It was red, but nothing more, and we told him we'd put something on it after he got out of the shower.
After the shower, he never complained again. We didn't either, and the cheek was all-but-forgotten.
Until the next morning.
Whoa! Buddy! Your face!This picture is AFTER I gave him some Benedryl! When I first saw him that morning, his eye was comlpetely swollen shut, his cheek double it's normal size. The interesting thing about it, is that if he turned in one direction, he looked normal and you wouldn't know anything's wrong. The other direction, and he looked like Michaela on steroids!
It got better little by little through the day. He never had any symptoms of anaphlactic shock like when his Daddy gets stung. Just that swelling. So that was good. I think it was the first time any of my kids have gotten stung by an insect, and I was a little worried that Chris had passed on his bad allergy genes.
I'm happy to say that Noah, at least, does NOT react like his Father.
That's probably the ONLY gene he didn't get from his Dad!
(OH! And he got his nose from me too! THAT was a relief!)